Apollonius of Tyana, Letters 11
Textual NoteEd. Kayser 1870 with minor corr. J. L. Rife
Translation NoteTrans. Jones 2014
- 1 section: 11. , section: 11.
- 2 Apollonius of Tyana, Letters of Apollonius, in Philostratus: Apollonius of Tyana III: Letters of Apollonius, Ancient Testimonia, Eusebius’s Reply to Hierocles, trans. Christopher P Jones, Loeb Classical Library 458 (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2014), 10–82, section: 11.
- Apollonius of Tyana, The Letters of Apollonius of Tyana, ed. Robert J. Penella, Mnemosyne 56 (Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1979), section: 11.
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except for materials quoted from other sources, this entry is copyright 2021 by the contributors (Joseph L. Rife, et al.) and the Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project. It is licensed under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Some texts quoted in this entry may be in the public domain in the United States. No copyright is asserted for these quotations.
Some texts quoted in this entry may have copyright restrictions and are reused under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976 (Title 17 of the United States Code) which permits “fair use” of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, scholarship, and research. These texts remain under copyright of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Joseph L. Rife et al., “Apollonius of Tyana, Letters 11.” In Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia, edited by Joseph L. Rife, Phillip I. Lieberman and David A. Michelson., edited by Joseph L. Rife et al.. Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project, 2020. Entry published June 10, 2020. https://caesarea-maritima.org/testimonia/48.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Apollonius of Tyana, Letters 11
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Joseph L. Rife, general editor, Vanderbilt University
- Joseph L. Rife, Phillip I. Lieberman, and David A. Michelson, editors, Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia
- David A. Michelson, Daniel L. Schwartz, and William L. Potter, technical editors, “Apollonius of Tyana, Letters 11”
- Joseph L. Rife and Eliana Yonan, entry contributors, “Apollonius of Tyana, Letters 11”
- TEI encoding by William L. Potter
- Electronic text added by Eliana Yonan
- Testimonia identified by Joseph L. Rife