Artemidorus of Ephesus, Geographic Description fr. 111
Textual NoteEd. Stiehl 1856
Translation NoteTrans. J. L. Rife
- 1 R. Stiehl, Der Geograph Artemidoros von Ephesos, Philologus 11 (1856): 193–244, section: 111.
- 2 Pseudo-Scylax of Caryanda and Marcianus of Heraclea, Geographi Graeci minores I, ed. Karl Müller, vol. 1, 2 vols. (Paris: Ambroise-Firmin Didot, 1855), p: 576.19-27.
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except for materials quoted from other sources, this entry is copyright 2023 by the contributors (Joseph L. Rife, et al.) and the Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project. It is licensed under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Some texts quoted in this entry may be in the public domain in the United States. No copyright is asserted for these quotations.
Some texts quoted in this entry may have copyright restrictions and are reused under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976 (Title 17 of the United States Code) which permits “fair use” of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, scholarship, and research. These texts remain under copyright of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Joseph L. Rife, “Artemidorus of Ephesus, Geographic Description fr. 111.” In Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia, edited by Joseph L. Rife., edited by Joseph L. Rife. Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project, 2023. Entry published June 30, 2023. https://caesarea-maritima.org/testimonia/47.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Artemidorus of Ephesus, Geographic Description fr. 111
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Joseph L. Rife, general editor, Vanderbilt University
- Joseph L. Rife, editor, Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia
- David A. Michelson, Daniel L. Schwartz, and William L. Potter, technical editor, “Artemidorus of Ephesus, Geographic Description fr. 111”
- Joseph L. Rife, entry contributor, “Artemidorus of Ephesus, Geographic Description fr. 111”
- TEI encoding by William L. Potter
- Electronic text added by Joseph L. Rife
- Testimonia identified by Joseph L. Rife