Theodoret, Church History 5.8.4-5.8.6
Textual NoteEd. Parmentier and Hansen 1998
Translation NoteAdapted from Jackson 1892 and Parmentier, Hansen, and Bouffartigue 2009
- 1 Theodoret of Cyrrus, Theodoret. Kirchengeschichte, ed. Léon Parmentier and Günther Christian Hansen, 3rd ed., Die griechischen christlichen Schriftsteller der ersten Jahrhunderte n.F. 5 (Berlin: Akademie Verlag, 1998), bk: 5, ch: 8.4-8.6.
- 2 Theodoret of Cyrrus, The Ecclesiastical History of Theodoret, in Theodoret, Jerome, Gennadius, & Rufinus: Historical Writings, ed. Henry Wace and Philip Schaff, trans. Blomfield Jackson, Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers. 2nd Series 3 (New York: The Christian Literature Publishing Company, 1892), 33–159, p: 136.
- Theodoret et al., Histoire ecclésiastique, 2 vols., Sources chrétiennes (Paris: Éditions du Cerf, 2006), bk: 5, ch: 8.4-8.6.
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except for materials quoted from other sources, this entry is copyright 2023 by the contributors (Joseph L. Rife, et al.) and the Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project. It is licensed under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Some texts quoted in this entry may be in the public domain in the United States. No copyright is asserted for these quotations.
Some texts quoted in this entry may have copyright restrictions and are reused under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976 (Title 17 of the United States Code) which permits “fair use” of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, scholarship, and research. These texts remain under copyright of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Joshua Woods et al., “Theodoret, Church History 5.8.4-5.8.6.” In Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia, edited by Joseph L. Rife, Phillip I. Lieberman and David A. Michelson., edited by Joseph L. Rife et al.. Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project, 2023. Entry published January 20, 2023. https://caesarea-maritima.org/testimonia/154.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Theodoret, Church History 5.8.4-5.8.6
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Joseph L. Rife, general editor, Vanderbilt University
- Joseph L. Rife, Phillip I. Lieberman, and David A. Michelson, editors, Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia
- David A. Michelson, Daniel L. Schwartz, and William L. Potter, technical editors, “Theodoret, Church History 5.8.4-5.8.6”
- Joshua Woods, Eliana Yonan, and Joseph L. Rife, entry contributors, “Theodoret, Church History 5.8.4-5.8.6”
- TEI encoding by William L. Potter
- Electronic text added by Joshua Woods
- Electronic text added by Eliana Yonan
- Testimonia identified by Joseph L. Rife