Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 20.173
- 1 Flavius Josephus, Antiquitates Judaicae: Machine Readable Text, ed. Benedict Niese (Medford, MA: Trustees of Tufts University, 2013), section: 20.173.
- 2 Flavius Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews: Machine Readable Text, trans. William Whiston (Medford, MA: Trustees of Tufts University, 2011), section: 20.173.
- Josephus, Flavii Iosephi opera III: Antiquitatum iudaicarum libri XI-XV, ed. Benedict Niese (Berlin: Weidmann, 1892), section: 20.173.
- Flavius Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, in The Complete Works of Flavius Josephus: The Celebrated Jewish Historian. Comprising the History and Antiquities of the Jews, with the Destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, and Dissertations Concerning Jesus Christ, John the Baptist, James the Just, and the Sacrifice of Isaac, Together with a Discourse on Hades, or Hell ; With His Autobiography, trans. William Whiston (Chicago: Donohue, Henneberry & Co., 1895), 27–498, section: 20.173.
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except for materials quoted from other sources, this entry is copyright 2020 by the contributors (Joseph L. Rife, et al.) and the Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project. It is licensed under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Some texts quoted in this entry may be in the public domain in the United States. No copyright is asserted for these quotations.
Some texts quoted in this entry may have copyright restrictions and are reused under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976 (Title 17 of the United States Code) which permits “fair use” of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, scholarship, and research. These texts remain under copyright of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Bianca Gardner et al., “Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 20.173.” In Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia, edited by Joseph L. Rife, Phillip I. Lieberman and David A. Michelson., edited by Joseph L. Rife et al.. Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project, 2020. Entry published March 30, 2020. https://caesarea-maritima.org/testimonia/15.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 20.173
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Joseph L. Rife, general editor, Vanderbilt University
- Joseph L. Rife, Phillip I. Lieberman, and David A. Michelson, editors, Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia
- David A. Michelson, Daniel L. Schwartz, and William L. Potter, technical editors, “Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 20.173”
- Bianca Gardner and Joseph L. Rife, entry contributors, “Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews 20.173”
- TEI encoding by William L. Potter
- Electronic text added by Bianca Gardner
- Testimonia identified by Joseph L. Rife