Claudius Ptolemy, Geography 8.20.14
Textual NoteEd. Stückelberger and Graßhoff 2006
Translation NoteTrans. J. L. Rife with ref. to Stevenson 1932 and Stückelberger and Graßhoff 2006
- 1 Claudius Ptolemy, Ptolemaios, Handbuch Der Geographie, Griechisch-Deutsch I-II, ed. Alfred Stückelberger and Gerd Graßhoff, 2nd ed. (Basel: Schwabe, 2017), bk: 8, ch: 20.14.
- 2 Claudius Ptolemy, Claudius Ptolemy: The Geography, trans. Edward Luther Stevenson, repr. 1991 (New York: Dover Publications, 1932), map: 4.
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except for materials quoted from other sources, this entry is copyright 2023 by the contributors (Joseph L. Rife, et al.) and the Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project. It is licensed under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Some texts quoted in this entry may be in the public domain in the United States. No copyright is asserted for these quotations.
Some texts quoted in this entry may have copyright restrictions and are reused under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976 (Title 17 of the United States Code) which permits “fair use” of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, scholarship, and research. These texts remain under copyright of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Joseph L. Rife, “Claudius Ptolemy, Geography 8.20.14.” In Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia, edited by Joseph L. Rife., edited by Joseph L. Rife. Caesarea City and Port Exploration Project, 2023. Entry published June 30, 2023. https://caesarea-maritima.org/testimonia/306.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Claudius Ptolemy, Geography 8.20.14
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Joseph L. Rife, general editor, Vanderbilt University
- Joseph L. Rife, editor, Caesarea Maritima: A Collection of Testimonia
- David A. Michelson, Daniel L. Schwartz, and William L. Potter, technical editor, “Claudius Ptolemy, Geography 8.20.14”
- Joseph L. Rife, entry contributor, “Claudius Ptolemy, Geography 8.20.14”
- TEI encoding by William L. Potter
- Electronic text added by Joseph L. Rife
- Testimonia identified by Joseph L. Rife